View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
Latuya
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy-yorkie View Post
It certainly looks your cutie pie had fun! My two love to dig in the sand, they love the water but I haven't gotten brave enough to let them off their leash at the beach.
I was kind if shocked that I did that. I was told that both my Gus and Leiloni was/is so skittish and fearfull and not very social was because I am so uneasy and too overly protective. I do have very good reasons though. After seeing my Gus being attacked by a German Shepherd and almost lost him I was basically became one of those crazy first time parent moms till the day he passed. Being that Leiloni is even tinier then Gus was its so hard for me to just relax and not be scared all the time. I am trying so hard to let Leiloni be a normal happy playful dog who isn't fearfull of everyone outside of our family and felt that it was a small step in that direction. She was running and playing with other dogs and having a good ol time. She's still not letting anyone (human) touch pet or hold her but that's ok. I would love to get together for a YT beach play date. By the time I tried to socialize Gus he was too old and was ok being a nonsocial momma's boy. Don't want to make the same mistakes with Leiloni.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!