View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #9
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I looked at the information, and it is exactly what I suspected...propaganda for the train of thought that humans are no more superior than any other animal on the face of the Earth. I personally do not think "my" God intended me to be on the same site:
it is a must-*see for vegetarians and omnivores alike, and anyone interested in philosophy, social justice, nutrition, medicine, and just about anything else!
- It’s the best of the animal rights documentaries.”
-Yes, there certainly are serious issues involved with factory farming and animal rights, and that’s precisely why the documentary is funny and entertaining. Instead of being a dour conversation, it follows my adventures investigating these issues. By being funny, entertaining, and engaging, it reaches people who might not otherwise enjoy an animal rights documentary. -In 1975, a young writer published a book arguing that no justifications exist for considering humans more important than members of other species. It slowly began to gain attention. . Today, a quickly growing number of prominent individuals and political activists are adopting its conclusions and have termed the assumption of human superiority speciesism. And, as a result, they rank these animal factories among the greatest evils in our history. Speciesism: The Movie brings viewers face-to-face with the leaders of this developing movement, and, for the first time ever on film, fully examines the purpose of what they are setting out to do.

This last sentence above, says it all.....be afraid, be very afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I can't fathom why anyone, anyone at all, would automatically just jump to conclusions and make assumptions regarding this film simply bc it has to do with the betterment of animals??!! Wow. Way to assume a worse case scenario instead of maintaining an open mind toward something that may be for the betterment of those who are at our mercy: the animals in our world. Unbelievable. I'm all for the rights of animals and if that makes me something horrible, then I'd prefer to be horrible if that's the definition. Maybe think about actually SEEING it first before jumping to conclusions and making assumptions about some unknown and assumed agenda. What does that say about your "agenda" anyway, ya know?? That it comes from a place of being totally closed off, maybe?
Well it is not assumption when they post exactly why they are doing what they are doing. THe betterment of animals? By whose definition? Animals don't have rights per say. People do. And it is our fine responsibility to treat animals as right and as humane as we do know how to do.

There is a huge philosophical divide. I don't believe in animal rights, I believe in animal welfare and humane treatment. My dogs yes are members of my family and very important ones too. But they are not superior in needs to my human family. I would never have a dog in my home that attacked family members, especially after many hours of remediation training was non effective.

So what do I do? Do I release this dog out into the wild to fend for themselves? Or do I do what is my responsibility and put this dog down?

Dogs and all living things in my belief system yes have a level of consciousness, but that does not mean human consciousness. THat includes plants and minerals., Should we not eat plants beause they have some sort of consciousness?

Well look if humans are not "superior" to animals then humans are not superior to bugs, insects and plants! Maybe we should all starve.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!