View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #6
melktart
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thank you all so much for your feedback—I really appreciate it.

When I got home yesterday evening, I let them both out to "wiz wiz", then put them back in their fenced off area. I grabbed a couple of carrots and a glass of water and made sure that they both saw me eating/drinking. I then prepped both their food bowls. This time, instead of my husband taking Moo off to a different room, I kept Puck in the fenced area and put his food down. I put Moo outside of the fenced off area. Moo started eating almost immediately, but Puck was crying because it seemed like he wanted me to be with him instead of her. Once Moo started chowing down, I switched over to Puck to get him to start eating (usually just stirring the food around with my finger). When he got started, I switched back over to Moo. Moo finished way before him, and I wanted to take her outside right away. Of course, once I took her outside, Puck wanted to come too. And she wanted to be with him. But I could tell that if I put them together where Puck’s food was, she was going to start fighting with him. So I just kept them separated until he’d finished, and then we all went outside to wiz wiz and play.

To me, this was major progress. Even being in the same room was a big step. I’m wondering if it helped for them to see me eat first. There are still issues, but it looks like they are gradually getting a bit better. Just got to keep at it, I guess.
melktart is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!