View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I have three and keep them slightly separated while they are eating. Pebbles is always the first to get her bowl of food. I make her sit, give paw and wait until I tell her to eat. Then I put Doodlebug's bowl down next about 5' from Pebbles and the last is Bogey and I always place his bowl no the other side of my kitchen table away from the others. I do this because Pebbles is the leader when it comes time to eat. She was first in the house and she is still first to eat. Personally, I would continue to feed them at a distance from each other and to allow the girl to go earn your boy. If they are not near each other there is more time to act if she does become aggressive toward him. You need to get this under control IMMEDIATELY or it will turn into food aggression and then you have an even bigger issue.

I'm an a huge propionate of the leash technique like Jeanie mentioned above. The only thing that I would suggest is instead of holding the leash stepping on it instead. But I would absolutely keep them separated on opposite sides of the room and immediately pick up their food bowls after they are finished.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!