View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 05:46 AM   #1
OurLittleLady
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Hello! New Yorkie Owner

Hello everyone, my name is Mandy and I am the proud owner of a 7 week yorkie pup. I know 7 weeks is rather young to get a puppy but I figured me not buying this puppy is not going to stop this puppy from going to a new home and why not bring her to my home where I know she will be well cared for. We picked our little Lady up last night, she was the last of her 7 litter mates to leave. Owner was a younger lady from Ukraine and owned mother and father, she said she didn't realize mom was in heat until they had already mated. House was clean, mom and dad were happy and well kept so we decided to get the puppy. She has been doing great, I kept her in playpen beside my bed with crate, puppy pad, food and water. She woke to pee every couple of hours and has eaten some moistened Blue Buffalo brand food a few times since last night as well. Pooped twice, peed at least 6 times. I'm trying to make sure she does not get a low blood sugar. I do have a few questions though, puppy pads? Yes? No? she had never been outside before yesterday but has gone on the pad every time? Should I put the pad outside? Should I put it by the door? Also mom and dad were fed Blue food and some raw hamburger, boiled chicken etc. What is a good diet for her? Should I give her some raw ground beef like she was fed before? As for now she is free feeding but at what point would I switch her to feeding 4 times a day? TIA for any and all advice
OurLittleLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!