View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 02:54 AM   #1
cappyd
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Milos' body is shaped like the letter C. Terrible!

I've read other posts on here and our story is much like the ones where the person seems desperate. I joined that club recently when Milo started off a little unbalanced. I had no idea it was going to turn in to this!
After 2 trips to the vet and hours of reading everything I possibly could I have accepted the fact that Milo has central vestibular disease. The vet is still unsure but she suggested the same.
I will leave out all of the sad details (I have plenty) but I need to explain a few things so hopefully someone can help Milo.
He started of a day or 2 just unbalanced. Then I noticed he was not only tilted to the left he was bent to the left. His head is mostly not even tilted sideways anymore, it's level for the most part. Right now his body is stuck in a very awkward position. He is "drawn up" as if he is trying to bite his backbone. At first this would come and go. He started this about 5 days ago. Everyday it just got worse and worse. Now it is a constant thing. He never moves from that position. He's shaped like a C and sometimes he's shaped like a number 9.
All of the videos and all of the stories I've read no one has mentioned this as a symptom of vestibular disease. They mention something like "head tilted to one side" or "neck and backbone are crooked" but no one has said "My dog is stuck in a position that looks like he is biting the top of his tail". If he looks straight ahead at all it isn't for long.
Is this even a true symptom of vestibular disease? I was thinking he is just a severe case.
Right now all I know to do is give him the medications and massage his neck, body, and legs.
Orbax 22.7mg
Antirobe 75mg
Prednisone 5mg
We are supposed to return to the vet on Thursday but until then if anyone has any advice for me to help Milo we sure would appreciate it. Milo is a 3 year old male Yorkie.
cappyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!