View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnLC View Post
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I am in the process of looking for a pup. I know what "look" I am searching for but how do I go about that? Ex: I had a breeder send me a pic of a mom with a previous litter (she is having another litter soon) and I am not in love with the "look" of the mom. Lol. I know that sounds terrible, I don't mean it in an awful way...I just would like a darker coat etc. And for $2K, I can be a bit fussy, no?

I know it's not a science but how do I go about finding a pup with the things I like...do I go by the mom? etc... Lol. Can ya tell I'm completely lost?

Thanks in advance!
No worries - it doesn't sound terrible at all! There is a certain "look" you're looking/hoping for, and there is nothing wrong w/ having a preference. If I were you, I'd start collecting some pictures so that you have a very clear idea of the "look" you're after. Then, you start to look for parents/grandparents that have that same look. You may also want to buy from a Show Breeder as they breed VERY specifically and may have a certain "look" to their line. Even though show breeders may be out of state - most of them have access to air couriers who will fly your puppy IN the cabin to you in your city. Try ytca.org for Show Breeders.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!