View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Not sure about males but Females should have at least gone through two heats so I world say around 2. There is also a lot more that goes into breeding and doing it right. You will have to find yorkies that come from good lines and the breeders of dogs like that work very hard for there lines so you will have to work hard to earn there trust because they won't just let anyone breed there lines. There is also health testing that needs to be done but it can't be done by a regular vet. You should know the lines of the dogs your breeding to know if any illnesses run in them and around the size pups they throw. It's important the female is 5 pounds or over. It can be very dangerous to breed if you don't know what your doing because there are specific signs that show a female is in distress and that you need to know to get her help right away so not only is reading and doing research very important you need to find a reputable breeder who will mentor you and let you watch and assist in some whelping. It's also important to know most reputable breeders are lucky to even break even. It's important to have several thousands of dollars put aside for taking care of the mom, taking care of the pups until 12 weeks, and for any emergencies that might pop like a csection. Also it's always important to keep in mind there is always a risk of something happening to the mom or her rejecting the pups which means you having to feed them every two hours, you having to keep them warm, you having to stimulate them to potty and everything mom does. Breeding is such a big thing. One think to keep in mind is you are responsible for bringing pups into the world so it's your responsibility to make sure you are doing everything you can to bring healthy pups into the world.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!