View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #13
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

I certainly understand your concern about possible adverse reactions. Sometimes you just have to weigh the two problems and do what you think is best. It is important to follow the manufacturers recommendations as far as the use of the product. Not using enough product is going to cause an ineffective result.

It seems strange to have a medication for a small dog that treats up to 22lbs. I use Advantage II on Gracie during the summer months and it is for puppies over 8 weeks of age and up to 10lbs. She is an even 5lbs right now but we used it on her when she was a little less than 4lbs when she was younger. Maybe use a good product that has a weight range closer to your dog's weight.

As someone mentioned it is really important to vacuum your carpeting and furniture really well during flea season since they love to lay eggs in and under such things. They do the same with hardwood floors especially around the edges. One flea can lay thousands of eggs. Make sure you dump the contents of your vacuum and take the bag outside right away. If you have a vacuum that you just dump the contents it is a good idea to leave a moth ball or part of a good flea collar inside it to kill any eggs that may be left behind.

We had fleas show up much sooner than usual this year. I guess some seasons are worse than others. It also helps to run a flea comb through your pet's hair after being outside as it helps to prevent them from carrying anymore unwelcome visitors inside. Some people treat their yards as they can become infested in certain areas of the country.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!