View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
AZME
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

A few years ago I went on the 17 Day Diet which sounds kind of gimmicky but was actually the healthiest I've ever felt. Written by a physician. I lost 27 pounds and have 7 back on but I am motivated to resume where I left off. Basically lean protein, veggies, two servings of yogurt/ per day and also two servings of fruit per day (before 2 p.m.) the premise is the sugar needs to be burnt early enough so that you will burn fat. Lot's of water, green tea and moderate exercise. A friend of mine had lost a lot of weight on it and was looking and feeling great so I tried it. The hook is that if you stick to it you will lose 10 lbs in 17 days and I did exactly that. It was so motivating that I continued with it until I reached my goal. I never derailed totally which has kept me wearing the same pant size But it's the white stuff flour, pasta, sugar that seem to be the problem for me…so I cleared out the cupboards and am just starting back. It was such an easy diet to follow once you got in the rhythm of it. I looked forward to whatever I was eating and except for days where I didn't eat enough protein I was always satisfied. It was a very portable diet…I could find food to eat on any menu which was great.
AZME is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!