View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #59
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanahas3 View Post
I would think since Ann is a moderator, and it was she that made this thread, then she and admin must have some issues with some of the post we make here. Whether we like it or not they make and enforce the rules for our community. Personally I will take to heart what she has said here and will strive to do better, whether others do is between them and those like Ann who do have a right to tell us how to post. I will admit I know very little about Yorkies, I am not a breeder, vet, nor do I work for a rescue. Therefore yes sometimes the only help I have for anyone is to offer thoughts and prayers, and a welcome to YT. Sorry that is not good enough for some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Yes, and I am glad she did. I would much rather hear it from her or admin rather than other members which too frequently happens here.

I have no problem with the rules of YT. Do I think they could be added on...certainly, but it is something only they can do. I will always make suggestions if I feel it is for the betterment of the forum. I really would like for them to stop other members from playing moderator as it is terribly distracting and useless. It only creates drama and takes away from the subject at hand. Many times that is what really drives people away. I don't think some people stop to think about that. Some people try so hard to discredit others while trying to make themselves look like the only "nice" people on this forum. Whether a person agrees or not with a poster, to jump on them is not going to change what they said or their opinion. Why not just post another opinion/thought and let the OP decide who to listen to? Not saying this to you, nanahas...just saying how much more pleasant it would be here.

I am a bit confused about your last two sentences.
I believe she is referring to 107barney's comment of "I think that some want to be problem solvers instead of therapists or clergy."

I believe what Nanahas3 is saying is that while she may not always be able to offer problem-specific help, she can offer support and good thoughts/prayers....and feels that's equally as important. And so do I! I think support, respect, good thoughts can be as powerful and as important as problem-focused advice. I don't think one takes the place of or ranks higher in importance, as we've seen here firsthand countless times.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!