View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
Kerryn915
YT Addict

My vet always tells me to apply to the dog when it's dirty and not just bathed bc the product absorbs better with the natural oils from the coat. Then bath a few days days after if you must. Also there are products that can be applied to the lawn that kill ticks but there is a period right after application that the dog won't be able to go out. It's very scary dealing with ticks I have to say that my younger boy I have decided to keep inside only on pee pads bc in New York where I am the deer ticks are so tiny that they are even easily missed when fully engorged. And for some reason the younger the dog the more susceptible to contracting lymes disease. I have a decent section of my yard that I have treated and he can go for short walks there a couple times a day and I'm lucky that the complex that I live in treats the grass on the sides of the side walk so he can get a good walk along there too. He's only 4 lbs. my older boy is 12 lbs and he gets checked daily for ticks also bc he walks a bit further with me. The tick products I have used on him and they are effective however my theory with that is that the tick will then fall off inside the house and cling onto one of us. I have to check the kids daily for tick too during the summer.
Kerryn915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!