View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 02:36 AM   #1
bellajayne
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Frustrated! Flea Meds NOT working.?

I had been giving Guinness some flea baths while doing some research as to which flea/tick medication I was going to use on him when we noticed him itching and saw a couple of fleas on him. I decided to go with Vectra 3D, which our vet carries. I put about half of the tube on him as he is 4 pounds and I've read that this is commonly done and I was concerned about an adverse reaction possibly. When after about a week I didn't see any difference I used the remainder of the tube. Still nothing 2 weeks later he seems to be itching more and I'm bathing him twice a week (although I waited after applying meds so not to wash them off). I went back to the vet yesterday to tell them the Vectra 3D did not work and that I need something else for him that will. He recommended the Parastar Plus. So I purchased it and applied...though again I was worried as this tube states up to 22 LBS! He is only 4 lbs. the tube has less in it so it is harder to try to split, anyway all of it got applied. Well no reaction at all thank god but he doesn't seem like we have put anything on him and is still digging! I got online and read reviews...awful! The majority of them state that it does nothing at all, worthless. Now I don't know what to do...2 medications and $40 later my poor baby is still digging.

What should I do at this point? I'm going to call the vet today...I'm so frustrated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!