View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I would suggest you do not take this baby outside...she has not been EFFECTIVELY vaccinated, as she is only 8 weeks old and that is the earliest vaccines should be started. (Shame on any "breeder" that would allow a young baby to be crated and trucked, unvaccinated, to a new owner.) I am concerned about the vomiting...young puppies become dehydrated very quickly....have you had her to the vet for a health check since you got her? I do not let my babies go before they are fully vaccinated, except for rabies shot. I have my owners fly into Houston via Southwest Airlines, pick up the puppy and return to their home with the baby. It is usually a lot cheaper than shipping via airlines, and it is certainly a lot safer and much less stress than your baby has endured for over 12 hours..... in the back of a broke down truck. Please get this baby to a vet for examination....you have no idea what the traveling conditions were....what this young, unvaccinated baby was exposed to....this baby may need rehydrating at the very least. This is where your concern and focus should be....not on how you can carry this tiny baby out for walks. Get the pup vetted, examined, treated if necessary, keep her isolated from your other pup since she is unprotected and has been exposed to God only knows what on that trip in the truck.....you dont want to expose Cody to parvo if, God forbid, that is what this youngster is coming down with.....and leave her at home until she has had all her puppy shots around age 14 weeks.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!