View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie mummy View Post
hello every one iv just joined this site in order to get some information iv got a lovley 4 yr old little girl called bella I think she may be pregnant becauses last month I had her and my little boy chico cadged up becauses bella was in heat and one of my grandchildren let them out whilst I was in the bathroom by the time I cme dwn they was tied in my back garden I would say that bella is around 10lb and chico is around 5lb bella is 4 yr old and chico is 19month old altho it wasn't planned for my bella to get pregnant it has happened now I have said I will allow her to have this one set of pups if she is preggers then have her done I don't agree in abortions and couldn't do that to my bella she would be around 27 days now I wouldn't say that you can tell if she is pregnant iv took bella to my vets becauses she wouldn't eat he cheeked on her and said she was fine no high temp so he gave bella a injection for anti sickness and also gave me some antiobotics for her to tke do any one have any ideas I can take to be able to tell if my bella is pregnant thankyou
Pregnancy Testing in the Dog | VCA Animal Hospitals

From this site. Relaxin in dogs can be tested through a blood draw. I leave you to read the whole article.

At this point I would treat her as if she is pregnant, and make sure you keep her very healthy. High quality food, exercise, etc.

Also you need to get yourself ready for the whelping. Debra Jensen has a good site. Just google her and you will find her site.

As the gestational timeframe is on average 63 days you do have lots to prepare, not only for the whelping but for the rearing of these puppies.

Make sure you have on hand a whole lot of things. Whelping pudding recipe, learn how to tube feed (ask your vet to show you how), a weighing scale, your whelping area, your whelping supplies. Your emergency and regular vet on speed dial, your whelping coach (which I hope that you have). Stock up your freezer with meals for your family. Learn all the signs of distress in labour. You have much to learn. get busy. YOur gals life and those future puppies depend 100% on you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!