View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #11
OwnedByJezebel
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgirl38 View Post
Remember that giving birth is a natural process and requires little to no help. So don't get yourself worked up and stressed out to the point that you can be of no help incase of an emergency. Good with your little one
While whelping is natural, it isn't always an easy thing for toy dogs. A simple search on this site will find thread after thread with people pleading for help for many problems with whelping and mommas and puppies that need prompt action and medical help to survive.

If one is to be involved in such endeavors, they should be well-versed in all the possibilities so that they know when something isn't normal. Without the proper knowledge, it's very difficult to tell the difference between normal and emergency situations. I've seen people freaking out here over what is a normal event during whelping and -- on the flip side -- others in a bad situation that did not realize it and lost momma or babies.

And some of the most stressed out here during a whelp tend to be the most experienced breeders. I couldn't do it, I'm not cut out for it, it isn't for the faint of heart.

I hope that if Bella is pregnant that she is one of the ones that has an easy time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!