View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 06:10 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4carolyn View Post
Bless you for rescuing your Yorkie. I have a 3&1/2 lb. female, 11 yrs. old. She has had skin issues periodically thru out her life. Have resolved most of them with hypoallergenic food, Hexadene shampoo, OTC itch remedies. She is pretty comfortable now and keeping her little t-shirt on seems to help stop her from scratching. She now has a pimple like sore on her back which the vet said not to "worry about." It is getting larger. Has anyone had experience with this? She has also developed a round patch of skin alittle smaller than a dime that has lost it's pigment and hair, also on her back. We will be back to the vet soon, but would appreciate any advice or experiences. After reading some of the posts, I will add fish oil to her diet, for this weight how much should I give her? Did I mention she is the light of my life?
For that round patch of skin where she has lost hair, I'd be wanting to rule out ringworm bc it's contagious...so you may want to culture/test for that. For fish oil, I like Ark Naturals Royal Coat as it already has the needed Vit E in it. The "pimple" sounds more like it could be a follicular cyst or sebaceous cyst, perhaps...?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!