View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #14
Fltekdiver
Senior Yorkie Talker

I estimate you'd feed an eighth of a cup of food twice a day. Its a little handful. I feed wet food around 8:30 am and 5:30 pm, and leave a little dry food out for them all the time. If you order the 20 lb bag of Lifes Abundance, it should last a long time. The autoshipment of L.A. will save you on shipping, and get you the best price for the dog food.
>>> Hypoglycemia this is a good way to make sure your puppy doesnt run out of energy or blood sugar, which will cause hypoglycemia. Their tummy is too tiny to eat enough at one meal to last all day. They have to be able to get to the food during mid day, to re fuel. Make sure they learn where the food is so when they feel low, they can go snack. I soak their Lifes Abundance dry food with hot water for about 1 minute at first.
>>>>>>> Soon you can stop the soaked food and just feed the dry. At first give them a choice, and make sure to leave some dry food down during the day and night, where they can get to it all the time.
If they are on a hunger strike and will not eat, you can drop a few drops of chicken broth on their LA food to encourage them to eat it. Be aware of whats in your chicken broth... some have onions or MSG which are not healthy for dogs.

Last edited by Fltekdiver; 07-09-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!