View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
Betty S
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Yorkie Itch .....My Solution

I rescued a cute little Yorkie from a Vet 6 months ago.....After a month it became a nightmare. Itching Itching Itching.....I was losing much sleep.
Thanks to Yorkie owners on-line after studying and changing things constantly itching has settled down greatly and dog is doing well...

First I started the 6 mon. Comfortis (pills) treatment for fleas.
Second I took him off all grains....settled on dry food called Replenish
(Salmon and Vegies and Fruit) ....one eighth cup twice a day (he weighs about 5 lbs) and I add a couple spoonfuls of canned Salmon and one half a fish oil tablet to his kibbles in the morning ....and at night I add a couple spoonfuls of salmon and a couple spoonfuls of Broccoli chopped real small to his kibbles (Salmon costs only 1 dollar at 99 cent store--lasts for 6 days) He does not have teeth so I chop the kibbles into a powder with a special Vita Mix blade and it lasts for the whole week. I decided to give him the Salmon from the can because I read (thanks to you guys) that a lot of itching comes from lack of nourishment. I believe that. I do brush him every day to remove dead hairs.
Third ...(if he does itch anymore which is not too often)...I seperate his hair and spray him with a solution of ...one cup of water ....2 tblsp of Mineral oil...2 tblsp. of Listerine....2 tblsp of Vit E.....shake and add 1 spoonful (tsp) of Raw cider vinegar....and then I message it into his skin. If he gets a hot spot I spray it with Dermacool spray with lidocaine (It is a perscription but I found some on-line) Thankyou so much to all who have helped me find all these solutions so far.....I am sooooo grateful to you all....Betty in San Clemente
Betty S is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!