View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy10 View Post
Hello everyone. I had a shih tzu for 16 years and I put him to sleep 3 years ago and I am just now ready to bring another dog into my home. The heartache of putting him down was so hard I never thought I would do it again. I was thinking of the yorkshire terrier this time around. My question is. What is the difference between the yorkshire and the silky? What has been your experience with the yorkshires? Also whats your opinion on getting a year old dog vs a puppy? My shih tzu had a great personality but I didnt want to get another one because I was afraid it would remind me to much of my Bobo. Thanks everyone Mindy
Hello Mindy, and welcome

I can't answer many of your questions - but I DO know how you're feeling....

It took us 3+ years to even begin to open our minds and hearts to another dog, after the passing of our Labrador, Rosie. It was then that we decided different sex, different breed (huge to small!), different temperament, different everything. We didn't want to be reminded in any way, shape or form....

Our Yorkies, I must admit, are truly one of a kind (and I've had Boxers, Schnauzers, Labs, Poodles, Border Collies etc. etc.). They are Personality +, and very, VERY into their people. Getting an older pup would let you know their size (!!!), temperament etc.

I could go on and on, but for your sake I won't..... Good luck in your choice and decisions - and I hope you manage, in some way, to fill that very empty void
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!