View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
Magnus
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogimama View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have just joined YorkieTalk. I have recently (1 week to be exact) adopted a 2yr old male Yorkie, his name is Boogi (my 2yr old daughter named him). I wasnt planning on having a dog actually my husband didnt want a dog (I did), but one of my coworkers cousin had him and he was being abused, he was kept in his crate all day long without taking him out but only to clean his crate and bathe him. She had 4 kids and didnt want him anymore, finally she convinced her cousin to give him up for adoption and told me about him. Since i saw him at the vets office I fell in love with him (so did my baby girl who was scared of dogs) Surprisingly they are best friends, he got used to my house very quickly!! I was thinking of getting a crate but he won my husband over and he is not allowing him to get a crate or be in one. He now sleeps in the partly finished basement and is as happy as can be, Boogi stays there at night and when we leave for work he has plenty of room to run and play. I love reading all of your threads and would love to get any tips and advice on how to make the new member of my family happier and keep him healthy.

Thank you for reading this long intro.
Thank YOU for taking him into your family and loving him. Would love to see pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZME View Post
My dog was a found dog literally found outside a mall and even with an exhaustive search could not find the owner (I often think he found me!) I'd never had a Yorkie and he was such a fantastic boy he was about 3-4 by the Vet's estimation. He became a grateful and wonderful part of our family. The big mistakes I made at first was not knowing the right food and treats for him. I am new here but it seems like this is the place for great information. There are a lot of very knowledgeable owners here.
Is that picture on your avatar the furbie you're talking about? Goodness he's cute! Thank you for saving him and hope to see more pictures!
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!