View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 06:29 AM   #12
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Phew, this was a tough article to get through / read bc it was unnecessarily verbose. I had to skim parts in order to get through it, but I got the gist of most of it.

I don't feed Prey Model raw as I feel it's too unpredictable and I feel that pre-made raw is more nutritionally balanced since it's AAFCO certified. That said, I have nothing against prey model and I respect others' choices to feed this way.

My issue with this article is the way it kind of purports that feeding raw is some kind of little miracle for general health and for specific health reasons. He mentioned a few times about these "skin issues" just miraculously clearing up...what skin issues? Infections? Dandruff? Dry skin? Seborrhea? What? He was WAY too vague in telling me *what*, exactly, was fixed by feeding raw -- bc he does make claims that he saw these incredible changes - but then leaves you w/ no real info / data / details. I don't like that.

I do believe that fresh / raw / whole foods are best for both dogs and humans, but it's not realistic that everyone can or will feed that way. I don't feed myself this way, at least not the to extent I think I should.

Thanks for posting this, it's an interesting personal opinion on his view of the BARF diet.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!