View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 01:43 AM   #1
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Those long looks we get?

I've kept meaning to ask on here about the looks all dogs give and what significance they have. Increasingly over the past few months Crystal moves her head first to one side, then the other whilst holding my eyes in a deep and concentrated gaze. Usually this is when I talk with her, (which is a lot, especially when Mom's out). It's almost as if she's trying to read my thoughts? She's 18 months old next week and her communication with me has improved out of all recognition. On beach walks, if she returns her ball, but drops it a few yards away, I no longer have to ask her to put it between my feet. She'll put her head on one side, almost say sorry and trips away to toss it in the right place, the same thing happens if the slope sometimes carries it away before I can bend down to pick it up? Similarly when I have to put her back on her lead as we need to cross a road, to get home, she stops and waits perfectly for me. Obviously they pick up habitual occurrences (as we all do!), but somehow, at home now, this is almost a sentient thing. I should add here, that being retired, she's never hardly out of my company 24/7. I know they're very intelligent and being terriers have a will of their own (thank goodness), but the 'recent' extension of communication has really surprised me. Fourteen months ago I could never have begun to believe the hours of fun and discovery my little daughter has bought to into my life
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!