View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
SophieKatesMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Sophie Kate is an experienced flier, she has gone with us since she was about 7 months old.

My recommendation is take a potty pad with you, just in case. Most airports i have been to have a specific place set up for takiing your dog out for a potty break do it before and after the flight (but note it is through security so allow time for that).

I do not feed Sophie Kate for about 2 hours before a flight and I make sure she has had a bowel movement. For Sophie she usually is good with this, she is on a schedule normally and I just book the fights around her schedule. I also want to note that she does get Charlee Bear treats during the trip, they are her normal little treat which she really likes. Also I make sure she has some water, she will drink while we travel but never a lot.

I always line her back with one of her favorite fuzzy blankets and I put her Nyla bone in the back (something to occupy her during the flight). I also always check on her during the flight, sometimes the flight attendants will let her come out of the bag on to my lap but do not count on that. Also be prepared to have her at your feet the entire flight, I have never been allowed to keep Sophie on an empty seat next to me.

As far as security, you can carry her through security that is what I have always done. I have seen some people take their dogs out of the bag at the airport but I keep Sophie Kate either in her bag or on my lap (I do not want to risk her being scared and snapping at someone).

Good luck, I am sure you Yorkie will do fine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!