View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #12
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolaRN View Post
His BUN was as high as 107 the first time and then 108. His creatinine levels though were normal, everything else looks normal. My vet doesn't really know what to make of it. I even went to a second vet for a second opinion and they said the same thing. At first night that I could be a G.I. bleed, and put him on Pepcid and Carafate for about a week. And we haven't gotten him rechecked because they recommended at least three months in between. Like I said the other thing was they said it could be the protein but it's unsure of. This new kibble he'll eat sometimes and sometimes he doesn't. I do i too it with the Stella and Cheweys freeze-dried and he sometimes will just eat that and one or two kibble here and there.
If his ceatinine level was normal, then it could be dehydration or stress. I'm guessing his urinalysis was also normal? There's no concrete evidence of dogs or cats eating higher protein diets having higher BUN levels.

As to your other question, my guys don't have a problem eating frozen or freeze dried, not picky @ all when it comes to raw food. I only feed Mimi & Turbo freeze dried bc they throw up whenever they eat or drink cold food & water. I like that Stella & Chewy's has a lot of different protein options for freeze dried (as well as frozen). They also eat Primal.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!