View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #10
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post

As long as I have a new male that has not bred yet, he is submissive to the other males....once he is bred, he will push his luck with the other studs....like Gail above, I crate and rotate my boys....some just wont accept the fact they are not the ONLY ALPHA dog, and these boys have to be kept away from the other boys. Most get along with each other, unless there is a female in heat, then all bets are off! When heat cycles start, even those females are separated....everyone just gets full of it and fights break out at the drop of a hat! I think the girls are every bit as bad as the males at fighting when they cycle....None of my intact dogs are allowed to run together, mixed up....boys are kept separated from females, and no one is ever left unsupervised.....It is an all day long job, rotating dogs out for play and fresh air and just to snuggle and visit with me......and one of the big boys has decided he and I need to stretch out tegether, alone, on the slip and slide and just enjoy the water running over and around us!
Females in heat will drive even the gentlest males - neutered or not a bit crazy. And I do separate two females in heat from each other as well.
Actually in our breed the "girls" are worse than the males. They care not for size or anything, if they take a dislike to the other female, sparks fly all over the place.

With our males they tend to pick their battles carefully.

So I will train/exercise a female and a male together as long of course the female is not in heat, but rarely have two male studs out together running free. I learnt that lesson a long time ago.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!