View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 02:22 AM   #43
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasYorkieMama View Post
She is eating off mom and her tummy looks round full. So when I try to feed her she literally pushes the bottle from her face by turning her head really hard. I just weighed her and she is now up to 6oz. which earlier it was just right at 5.5. Not huge but I will take it. She walks around is very active. I'm holding her right now in a blanket on my chest and she is walk out of the blanket over and over ha ha. Tube feeding scares me. She did take some of the bottle and she eats off of mom. So you said if she is getting enough but not gaining then how do I help the other metabolizing issue? I gave her a tiny tiny tiny bit of nutracal tonight is that okay? She has quite the personality. Lily will feed her she just tends to the others more.
If she is getting the formula I gave you, and she is not lethargic, she doesnt need the nurtacal....she is getting glucose in the formula. As far as weight gain, from 5.5ox to 6oz is great, if it is over 24-36 hours....not so much if it is over 4 days.....You would have to have a vet examine her for any other issues that could be keeping her from thriving.....from this most recent post, it sounds like she is fine....from the post before, where you indicated mom is kind of rejecting her, and when you try to feed her she wont suck, she just opens her mouth and turns her head....I am a little confused about what is actually happening. If she is gaining .5 oz over 24 hours, that is OK....if she is nursing off mom, that is OK....if the vet that is familiar with Yorkie puppies looks at her and says she is looking OK, I guess you can go with that, depend on how long the vet has been breeding and how knowledgable she is in this area....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!