View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
paolaRN
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile Raw dog food (Primal ect) versus High Quality Kibble

So my Franklin has now transitioned to adult food now that he's 1 . He was on Orijen puppy but due to high BUN levels with unknown cause, we decided that it was probably due to high crude protein % that Orijen has (38%). SO now he's on another high quality kibble "Now Fresh" for small breeds. Due to his pickiness I have had to top his food since the day I got him, went from chicken until I could'nt keep up with it, to now freeze dried raw stella and Chewys and its worked great. The owner of the shop I get his kibble now highly recommends a raw diet from Primal, but my worry is the protein % is higher and could potentially worsen his BUN levels if thats even the cause of it.
Has anyone had this issue or switched from kibble to raw and seen improvements in their dog? The conveience of kibble is awesome as well but when Im having to moisten and top his food, I feel its not as convenient as it should be right?
HELP! This is all new to me as we only have 9 glorious months together. Thank you!
paolaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!