View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
Preussen777
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Okay I have a 2.5 yr old male foster who is neutered and two male studs in my home. Three are large breed dogs one is a Yorkie.

I crate and rotate - well to back it up, I train all my dogs for their crates. I spent about one month introducing my large dominant male stud, to the large neutered male. Once he could pass his crate without growling at him, then we went on to the next step. And that was walking on lead, two ppl, two dogs together for walks.
They slept in the same room crated, they ate together - ie in their own crates.
They each had training and one on one time with me.

They have figured out the pack order, without fist fights per say. The neutered male, gives my big boy his space, averts his gaze when passing him etc. But I don't leave the home with both of them un-crated.

I am assuming you don't have a full female in residence at your home? The above was because I do, which always complicates a situation.

The essence is make a safe place for your Yorkie and if you adopt or foster this new boy one for him too.

I hope this helps
Thank you Gemy. I'm decided that I'm going to neuter the older dog (the one I'm "adopting") tomorrow. I will keep him in a crate, etc. I will follow you expert advice. As for my Lucky, he's crate trained so I don't think that will be an issue for him.

Both dogs are wee-wee pad trained, does that make an difference? I will take them to the bathroom in turns of course.

Currently, I work from home so, I will get to spend a lot of time with them.
Preussen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!