View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #12
nanahas3
♥Love My Snuggle Bugs♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Bless your heart! Poor little Laddy.....these pups teeth are such a worrisome issue.....all the brushing, all the dentals, all the chew toys, all the effort we put into keeping these teeth in a decent shape where they dont abcess and where hopefully we dont have to have teeth pulled, and yet, sometimes, it seems as if it is all for naught. I just had a female have teeth pulled....this is the third dental where she has had to have teeth pulled....it is so pitiful....but you have certainly done what you can do to keep Laddys teeth and gums healthy.....just snuggle him and love on him....watch him if he is still super drowsy later this evening, I would give the vet a call for reassurance.....mine always get IV fluids with their surgeries to "tank them up" in preparation for perhaps 24 hours without eating or drinking....I would perhaps give him some water/pedialyte syringed into his mouth, every couple of hours or so....I always give mine baby food following dentals.....and I usually have to start by putting it in a syringe and giving it by mouth that way....I would call the vet tonight just for reassurance if I were you! That will make you feel better.....I sure wouldnt give him anything for pain until he is completely awake from that anesthesia....
I hadn't thought about the pedialyte but DH is picking up baby food for him I will call and add that to the list. Thank you for the advice. The vet is going to check in with us again later. He is up walking a bit now but seems so weak.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!