View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 06:35 AM   #11
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeebear View Post
I am so glad to see your response as you have answer so many questions that I had. My little Sophie is scheduled to be spayed in mid July and she will have just turned 9 months at that time. The vet will also be removing the remaining puppy teeth she still has. Can you tell me when Yorkie's come into their first season. They will also be doing the pre-op blood work. I hope she does not go in season before we get her spayed. Sophie is 4.6 lbs and I worry about her being put to sleep but it is something that she needs to have done so we will proceed forward...
It really could be any time after they are around 6 months and since she is tiny and hasn't gone into heat yet just keep an eye on her. When a female is going to come into heat her vulva will swell and nipples will become enlarged. But I am not by any means an expert of this subject because I have always spayed prior to the first heat. If she does before her surgery date you will need to really keep her on lockdown and away from any unaltered males. It's good to have the pre-op blood work done because it will check her liver function. The anesthesia is broken down by the liver so they will check her this in the blood work. Try not to stress out too much about the actual spay. We all love our little ones so I understand how having them away from you but as long as you trust your vet and have blood done prior she will do well and be back to her normal self within a few day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!