View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Wylies Mom gave a great answer and some very good links for you.

The breeders that you are looking at, the first good news is that they won't let pups go prior to 12 wks old.

In our library here, there are articles upon how to find a responsible breeder.
Going to the library has a whole wealth of info.

Costs vary so much by State/Area Country. but In my Opinion in order of which should command the most "priciest pet dog"

Offspring from both parents that are Championed and have Obedience titles or the most basic CGC, AND have all their health certifications done. That means at the bare minimum Chic'd, but have gone above and beyond that. These breeders will supply a meaningfull health warranty, and will make a commitment to support their pet owners for the lifetime of their progeny.
They have a record of healthy pups and know the health lineage back at least 3 generations or more as fully as they can.

All of the above, except one of parents does not have an Obedience title.

All of the above, except two parents do not have an Obedience title

All of the above except two parents do not have a Championship or obedience title.

A healthy dog that is representative of the breed is what a pet owner should demand from a breeder. And should expect for purebred prices.

But that does not mean you need to pay something like $4 or $5 or $6 thousand dollars for a healthy pet quality dog. And some breeders charge this.

You need to look at the selling price with-in your area to see the range of prices.

Where I live you should be able to get a healthy good quality Yorkie anywhere from $1500-$2000. And that from breeders in the two top tiers in my evaluation.

Last edited by gemy; 06-25-2014 at 12:55 PM.
gemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!