View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #1
Tricepextension
Yorkie Talker

Default Potty training...Help!

Hi all,

My newest addition, Charlie, is now 9mos. We used paper training when we first got him (he was already trained for it) until he had all of his shots. We then transitioned to outside potty (he still has paper down in the bathroom, but NEVER uses is). He has a bell to ring to ask to go out -- and he is WELL aware that he can ring it to go outside (he likes to do this quite often). He will hold poop and pee all night (~8hrs) and do both outside when my husband let's him out.

I would say 70% of the time he rings the bell or just holds his pee until I take him out (though some days he has more accidents than others). However, he WILL NOT poop outside except in the morning after he wakes up. He always goes inside. When I catch him in the act and holler for him to go out, he will run to the door and if he hasn't gone by then will sometimes finish outside.

I have had dogs my whole life (and have 4 others currently -- they are all housebroken). Any thoughts on how to push my little boy over to not having any accidents?

(They are on a regular eating schedule, but he seems to just poop whenever he wants, no regular time. And I work from home, so he gets to go out at least once an hour).
Tricepextension is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!