View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
SophieChloeKiva
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Oklahoma Breeder, Glenda Beavers owner at Tsa-La-Gi

We bought our last yorkie from Glenda Beavers in June 2012 in Talequah, OK. We picked out a little female after being discouraged by Glenda not to buy the one we saw online & we had discussed on the phone. She wanted to keep it for a friend who would "show" her. Our puppy, Kiva, had an underbite which Glenda said would often correct itself. Glenda asked for more money because Kiva would have a beautiful coat. I'm not sure why I agreed to pay more, but I did. After about 6 weeks, both of Kiva's knees began popping. Our vet said surgery would most likely be indicated at some point. As Kiva's adult teeth came in, some of her baby teeth didn't fall out. Then she developed gingival hyperplasia (excess gum tissue) in one area that grew to cover several teeth. It had to be removed; it is now growing back.
Kiva is a sweet, loving and beautiful dog. We love her very much. I was hoping to have a yorkie without health issues. I would use caution if buying one from Glenda Beavers or any breeder without a health contract/guarantee. Her website displays winning show dogs, but they can have health issues too.

My first one, Sophie, had a megaesophagus and a diseased liver and had to be put to rest at 5 years old. Our 2nd yorkie, Chloe, had a malformed trachea and knees. She died at almost 7 yrs old of complications after a knee surgery because of her trachea.

All of our yorkies were purchased from different breeders. We have loved and cared for all of them. I am grateful to have the resources to pay for their expensive veterinarian medical care. It seems there are no ways to be sure you have a healthy yorkie, but they have all been wonderful dogs.
SophieChloeKiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!