View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #1
shiree1
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My baby has Legg Perthes Disease

I found out my 10 month old yorkie Brodi has this disease. He had been limping on and off for 1 1/2 months I took him to vet after 3 weeks of noticing him limping at times they said where he is so active he has probably just sprained his leg and was given Rimadyl needless to say they didn't do anything and I decided to go to vet again they x-rayed and tole me its Legg Perthes. I had never heard of this disease. I've been google searching plus phoning vets as I was told to keep him on Rimadyl until he is in a lot of pain. my problem is some say do op sooner rather than later as he will have more of a chance of using leg properly when he has recovered and some say leave it so I am not sure what to do! another thing is I don't know what to expect after op how long it will take him to recover etc. The thought of my baby boy going through this painful op is killing me I don't want him to be in pain and to try restrict him is going to be hard he is so active. Has anyone gone through this with their beloved pet and if so what was recovery like etc I'm so nervous and scared.
shiree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!