Thread: Rude comments
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megssports View Post
I do want to thank all the great yorkie owners who tried to offer advice. To the ones who seem to know it all I guess you never made a mistake or fell on had times let alone making rude comments without knowing all the facts. I sold things gave blood and begged for help for my Katie she was as important to me as a child. I begged many vets to help which I would have had to walk to but I would have to save my Katie. The greed and arrogance is why looking for help is depressing. Not one person or vet said a word about eclampsia until after she died. I guess all you breeders and know it all don't know it all. I would have done anything to make sure my Katie was safe.
I did not know you had a problem until you lost your Katie....and I suggested blood clots or sepsis or eclampsia were possible causes. I am a breeder, and have been involved with these Yotrkies for well over 35 years, but I have never deluded myself into thinking I was a "know it all" as you suggest. My fault in this is not realizing that people breed dogs with absolutely no working knowledge of what they are doing, what they should be watching out for, or how to handle emergent situations. I can not get my mind wrapped around how anyone could watch their momma slowly deteriorate right in front of their eyes....I would have been dragging my poor little momma all over Houston, trying to find SOMEONE that could or would help HER......What she was going thru was not normal behavior for a pregnant momma....I can not imagine a vet seeing this, would have not done SOMETHING to treat this unfortunate dog. While I will be the very first to admit I do NOT "know it all", I have ALWAYS made absolutely certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that BEFORE I have ever done anything in my life, I have researched and studied and researched and made abswolutely certain that I had a working knowledge base BEFORE I took on that adventure. I have always tried to build a foundation of supporting people around me that can help me if I ever did paint myself into a corner....NOT FOR FREE, but trusted me enough from my reputation that they would go out on a limb for me if I ever needed that. That includes breeding dogs and raising possible litters that were left orphaned because the momma died. You have been offered help for those babies, and I sign on here this am to see if you have any questions, and you are chastising people for being rude! As far as being broke and trying to save your pup......I always made provisions for my babies when I had the "good times"....emergency medical funds set aside for strictly that, so I would never have to walk the streets, begging a vet to help my dying dog, for free or without any payment plan they were willing to extend to me.. I have sold my wedding rings, jewelry, paintings off my walls, my ex-husbands riding lawn mower.....I have collected money a dollar at a time to put into that emergency fund, so I know about being broke...but I also know if I ever reached the point where I was not able to provide medical treatment for my pup, or didnt have a vet LINED UP that would work with me because I had established a reputation with that vet and they KNEW I was good for the bill, I would have rehomed my pup. I feel with every fiber of my soul, I am the help, the only decision maker for these pups and when I am put into a situation where I am not able to keep a dog alive because of MY circumstance, then I have to let that pup go. There are people that recoil at the thought of rehoming their dog even though they can no longer keep that dog healthy or alive...very noble but in MY opinion, unrealistic and cruel if MY situation is going to cost the dog her life. Now you have an orphaned litter that is going to cost you a lot of time, as well as money. I wish people would learn to always look at the worse case scenerio rather than all the glee and warmth and that basket full of sweet puppies....it frequently does not turn out like that, and people MUST be able to address that situation, or dont even go there. Katie was 9.....you had 8 years to have her spayed, so you as well as her would not be in the position you are now in. Or, you had all that time to LEARN how to care for am intact female, one that may accidently be possibly be bred along the way, and how to take care of a breeder, and the resulting litter. Best of luck with your unfortunate situation....hopefully, you have a vet that will help you help these babies and defer the charges. THIS "rude, know it all breeder" will pray for these innocent little darlings, who not only have no momma, they have no vet and they have no human that can financially provide for the medical care they are going to need. I am so sorry for your loss of your precious little momma Katie.....I am devastated for you but most of all for that precious little momma that gave her all for you and her babies. Such a terrible price for her to have to pay....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!