View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 04:39 AM   #7
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarla View Post
We have three dogs, ages 10, 5 and 3. They are all very bonded to each other and small in size so fairly easy for me to manage. But they're still a lot of work and two of them developed significant health issues that we didn't foresee and require a lot of support. My children are adults now but I never even thought about three dogs, let alone two when they were small. To help you make the right decision, it's important to Think about your lifestyle and what your habits are. Can you easily walk three at the same time? Do you like to go out a lot socially? Do you like to travel? Is your vehicle large enough to carry a baby and all their gear as well as three dogs? Do you have someone who could babysit three dogs if you want to go somewhere overnight or longer with just the family? Can you manage expenses with three if one or more gets sick and needs surgery etc? With two dogs, people are more willing to help. Three seems overwhelming for most in my experience. I hope this helps you a little bit and I wish you the best in making your decision

My children are grown as well. That's why I got the puppy at this time. I knew we were ready.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!