View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 04:38 AM   #6
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouversMom View Post
I personally think that if you are trying to have a baby, that a third dog is not the best idea. We have two yorkies and are doggy sitting my mom's yorkie (for 2 weeks now) and it really is a lot more work. Adding the third creates a whole different dynamic... I personally would never have three dogs, let alone three dogs and a baby. Too many dogs are given up because of new babies.
I agree. I just added my third Yorkie. My other two girls were not puppies. But the third one is a 12 week old little girl. I love her with all my heart BUT she is work. She is chewing and picks up everything in her mouth! She wakes up between 4:30 and 5:00 am every morning. I am constantly running after her, looking for her, making sure she don't jump off anything, etc. Not trying to make it sound bad, because it's not, just want to be honest.

Now, on to the positive. Rosie will be 7 years old in July. Mikki will be 4 years old here in June. The transition of the puppy was AMAZING. My girls did so well accepting her! When I brought Mikki home I had a hard time with Rosie. But this puppy was so easy.

With the thought of a new baby coming I really honestly don't think I would get a puppy. You will have your hands full with a new baby AND a new puppy. I say enjoy your two and look forward to belong a new mommy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!