View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 03:18 AM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouversMom View Post
I personally think that if you are trying to have a baby, that a third dog is not the best idea. We have two yorkies and are doggy sitting my mom's yorkie (for 2 weeks now) and it really is a lot more work. Adding the third creates a whole different dynamic... I personally would never have three dogs, let alone three dogs and a baby. Too many dogs are given up because of new babies.

We have a new mom just put up a thread, needs to re-home due to new baby and can no longer give her beloved yorkie the attention it needs, and it's just one pup she has. I had two bonded pups aged 6 y/o and 3 y/o and bought in a third, it took a couple of months for the 2 older ones to accept the newbie, it's a lot of work 3 babies, but, I was not trying to get pregnant. Please rethink about getting a 3rd pup, if you got pregnant, had your baby and found 2 or 3 pups were to much to handle with a new born, it would be horrific to break up 2 bonded pups or 3 pups. Very few ppl will adopt a bonded pair. I know you love your lil pups, think about what they go through when they have to leave a family they have been with and loved for years, then placed with strangers, even tho the ppl that adopt will love them, they would never forget their first mommy and dad. Is that fair to these pups? JMO a 3rd not a good idea if you are looking to have a child.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!