View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
teebutterfly
Yorkie Yakker

Default Adding a 3rd dog

Hey all, been a long time since I've been on here. My husband and I have two yorkies - Tobie 7 1/2 yrs and Ella 6 yrs old. They have a sister, Zoe who is actually Tobie's litter mate and all three have the same mom/dad. We've been told Tobie and Ella are a bonded pair. My ex and I attempted to rescue a yorkie and brought him home and ended up having to take him back after the weekend.

Tobie is very laid back, deep sleeper, total lap dog and loves his daddy
Ella is the very opposite, hyper, runs all over and light sleep, loves both her mommy and daddy.

They both get a long very well together and rarely tussle with each other. They don't really play with toys and just enjoy human company. They also get along with their sis - Zoe who lives with Pop Pop and Mimi.

Our friend's dog a yorkiepoo/terrier mix (6lbs) just had puppies and just want them to go to a good home. I am very interested in getting one and adding to our little family. We've also been actively trying to have a baby after experiencing two losses.

My thought process is that if/when we have a baby, we can't just give them back. Tobie wasn't too excited about Ella when I brought her home but after a couple of weeks they adjusted to each other.

Have any of you guys added a third dog successfully to a bonded pair? I know there will be additional vet bills, etc, but I think it will be easier to train the puppy with both ours already trained. They are both pad/yard trained and do very well.

Would love some feedback to make the best decision.

Thanks,
Tonya
teebutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!