View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #22
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teegy View Post
I would recommend a probiotic over yoghurt as it doesn't contain the same active ingredients. Lew Olsson's book is great for information.

Here again, Lew Olson might have written a book about Holistic nutrition but she too has a goal.

Lew has her Masters degree in Social Work and her PhD in Natural Nutrition. She writes a monthly canine nutrition column for the B-Naturals website. So again, she has a vested interest in promoting Holistic with her website.

BTW.....you can get an ONLINE PhD in Natural Nutrition which I find interesting.

Some are so quick to jump on the Iams, Purina, Royal Canin are commercial dog foods but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the Holistic vets are also in it for the money. IMO probably even more so because their practices actually depend on the consumer purchasing their supplements as well as the required TWICE yearly office visits.

I visit the vet yearly, give vaccines as needed dependent upon each dog's needs and a 3 year rabies for each. They are tested year and take HW prevention monthly. Yes, I feed RX kibble because that is what they need. But my vet doesn't require more than one visit yearly and blood. So explain to me how purchasing from a Holistic vet a boat load of supplements, titers instead of vaccines at a 3 year or more rate, blood draws to check for HW (for those HW is poison peps) who instead chose things amber beads and Mosi-Q and vet visits TWICE a year to do all of the above is so not about the money these vets are making. I've heard it over and over that vets make money off the RX food they sell. But what about all of the supplements, blood work for checking HW and titers that are purchased from the Holistic vets?

Quote:
It's worth nothing that this company's veterinarian, who once worked for Banfield, while he may be a nice guy and even kinda cute, is not a diplomat of the ACVN and therefore not a veterinary nutritionist.
Well I guess a little eye candy wouldn't hurt unless is contains Xylotol........

Last edited by megansmomma; 06-20-2014 at 06:16 AM.
megansmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!