View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 05:21 AM   #11
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I had to put my last lil girl down this past Oct. I had no intention of ever getting another dog, after loosing 7 babies, I just couldn't take the pain anymore. I cried everyday for 6 weeks, was sick & lonely, I have had babies in my life for 35+ years, how was I going to live out the rest of my life without one.
Long story short, 6 weeks after having to put my 16 y/o down my vet called me, that had just gotten in a surrendered male 2 1/2 yorkie, another long story short. He came home with me Nov. 12 the day I went to see him, 6 weeks after putting my baby down. I agree, there's no such thing as too soon. This baby rescued me, he put love back in my heart and has made my house a HOME again. One pup can ever "replace" a baby that has passed, they all have their own personalities.As much as I adored my lil girl, there was no guilt in my heart for adopting this lil boy so soon. He needed me but I needed him more. If you are thinking about getting another baby, you are ready. Don't deny your self. A new baby will help you mend, I know because this lil boy has helped me. When i had to send my lil girl to Rainbow Bridge I made a memorial for her. I still have it and that memorial will stay for ever. Not a day goes by that I do not see her playing in the yard, and I still cry for her. But my new lil adopted boy will jump on my lap and give me his lil yorkie kisses. I am blessed to have him come into my life. If you think it, you are ready, go for it. Make some lil furbutt happy, you have much love in your heart, and there is a lil baby out there just waiting for you. Good luck in finding your next love.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!