View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 06:08 AM   #217
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I don't believe this is about informing/educating yorkie owners. I believe it is anti spay/neuter. I agree that the "if ever" wording speaks volumes.

I also believe that one must consider the audience before attempting to educate. That is not being done....and this breed is already damaged by oopsies as I noted before. Until it is proven that spaying/neutering dogs at a certain age is more damaging that the benefits, I would certainly hope and pray that people would speak with their veterinarians. Some of the things posted online are merely scare tactics. I have been aware of this "movement" for some time and it bothers me greatly that it was begun by the breeding community that seeks to blame everyone but themselves for what has been done to certain breeds...that includes Golden Retrievers...cancers are not from spay/neuter I am so sure. I believe it is due to breeding. Proof? I don't have that...it is simply what I have derived from my vet and a few people who I know who have owned and/or rescued them.

As for yorkies....to suggest that torn CCL's are due to anything but breeding is crazy imo. It is well known that most of those injuries are due to luxating patellas .. and those are considered genetic. Breeders know that, but they are not willing to take the blame for their messes. Instead they are going out of their way to suggest it is early spay/neuter.
I agree, the audience should be considered.

I also believe breeding/genetics is the primary source of health problems discussed in this thread (with environmental/human factors contributing, i.e. overfeeding and not exercising the pet) .

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!