View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #165
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Let us all keep in mind that most of the time CCL injuries are due to luxating patellas which are considered to be genetic. Some of these examples and comparisons are misleading if you ask me.

The bottom line is that someone said that MOST owners should not have intact dogs and I could not agree more. The vast numbers of unwanted dogs in this county is beyond comprehension; and I think it is irresponsible for anyone who truly loves animals to advocate that ALL pet owners worry about altering their pets. Of course those are just my thoughts....and yes, I know people will spout their opinions just as I will spout mine.
I agree with everything you say here. That's why I wish there were a science forum on Yorkietalk where we could dispassionately discuss the science behind these articles without fear of someone taking a single sentence out of context and reaching the conclusion that because there are *some* bad health effects of neutering, they therefore should not have their dog neutered. I agree that overall, the benefits of neutering far outweigh the drawbacks for all dogs except for breeding stock and perhaps a few sporting dogs who have extremely conscientious owners.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!