View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
kreuer
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Hello!

My dog Ralph has had problems with being potty trained every since I purchased him. I take him out every 1.5-2hrs (sometimes sooner) and usually he does fine.

He has one, sometimes two, accidents a day. All accidents are poop rather than pee.

I take him out and he'll pee no problem, but for some reason it is hard to get him to go poop outside. I'll take him out, pees, I stay out for about another 5 mins. walking him around trying to get him to poop, then I bring him inside.

Usually within 10-20 minutes of me bringing him inside (sometimes sooner), he'll squat and poop. And sometimes, he'll even poop outside then come right back inside and poop 10 minutes later.

I'm lost at what to do right now and I need help. I've tried praising him and giving him a treat when he poops, but that isn't working. Someone please help.

Thank you,
Christian

Maybe you could try taking his poop, right after he goes in the house, give a stern no, and take him and the poop outside and show him and say go potty. I would also leave at least some of it outside so the next time you take him out he sees it and smells it as a reminder. Not sure if it will help or not, but that's all I could think of. Others may have more advice. Good luck!
kreuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!