Thread: Whelping?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
spidercrys
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Whelping?

First of al let me apologize because the dog I am referring to is a german shepherd not a yorkie but I couldn't find the right information I am looking for. My neighbor dog broke into my back yard back in April. On April 22 I noticed him in the backyard. I remember the date because the neighbor dog attacked me but I didn't think he mated with my dog because I thought I got to them in time but as time went on I noticed she was vetting a little bigger and her teats were a littke bigger as well. If my calcuation is correct she should be 53 days pregnant but I don't know if she got mated prior to that date or not cause the dog had dug his way over but if she is 53 days pregnant I know she'll be too early to deliver healthy puppies. On Thursday night I noticed she had a little clear discharge coming from her vulva. It was sticky and stringy. I've been taking her temp for the past 2 days and Thursday her temp averaged 101 degrees yesterday her temp averaged 100 degree and this morning I took her temp at 920am and it was 99.4 so at 1130am I went ahead and took it again and her temp was 100.5 so I am confused. Could this mean she's going to have them soon or does it mean she may keep them inside a little while longer?
spidercrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!