View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #15
Lolasmom1211
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcconv View Post
Update - I went home for lunch and to take Rox out. As usual, as soon as I walked in the door she started berating me for being gone. I was very calm and tried not to respond to her to get her all excited, but she continued to cry and jump on my leg. I took her outside and finally got her to go potty, but she returned to crying and jumping on me. We came back inside and she sat on the couch with me for a little bit while I ate, and then I tried to leave. If you're curious how that turned out, check out the attached picture. That's Roxie riding in the passenger seat to my office. In her thunder shirt. Which does not work for her apparently. I tried to get her to stay again with a small treat but she quickly snatched it out of my hand and beat me out the door (I swear I'm not the world's slowest mover, she has super speed when she's stressed). Again she didn't eat breakfast. Once we got to the office she would run up to my coworkers and then dash back to me before they could reach out their hands to her. She continued to jump on my until I let her sit in my lap. Once we got home, I went to the bathroom and she cried outside the door even though she had just spent the last 4 hours with me. I really think I am going to call the vet tomorrow (after returning the thunder shirt.... darn).
I also noticed that while I was gone in the morning she had pulled my jacket down off the door knob; I can see where it was slept on. Poor baby...
Sweet baby. I know you hate to "give in" so to speak, but it's even worse to leave them like that, I know! I know that "racing to the door" routine, also. I can honestly tell you that I haven't really noticed any difference in Nash since he has been on the medication except for a gentle calmness about him. He does not seem tranqualized or "doped up" at all. Please do not expect to see a huge difference overnight - it will be gradual and you may have to make several adjustment to the medication, but I really feel like it has worked wonders with Nash's anxiety level. When I would return home before, his face would be wet from panting the entire time I was gone...Now, he is calmer and more relaxed. I think it would be worth a trial to see. Please give it at least 3-4 weeks to work...I wish you luck!
Lolasmom1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!