View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
Sehnaz
Yorkie Talker

Question Mating/Birth/Sterilization What are the risks for my Yorkie?

Hi,
I am the mother of a 17 month old, 1 kilogram and 100 grams weighing little yorkie named Tinky. She has been with me since a year. Just after I got her I realised she has issues of hypo-sugar meaning unless fed frequently she develops a sugar attack (passing out, trembling, screaming) due to low sugar blood. As soon as the attack begins I make her lick some honey and she recovers right away.
I want her to be a mommy and have her own children and experience motherhood. However it is suggested that she shouldn't be mated and give birth since she is so tiny and it might be risky for her to give birth and I might loose her.
Now, this brings out the second problem. If not mated, due to excess oestrogen excretion she might be prone to ovarian or breast cancer therefore she should be sterilised. And this brings out a third problem. And it is the risk of operation. I am told that a sterilisation operation might be risky since her blood sugar might fall during operation and I might loose her.
Now in this situation what would be your suggestions? I am so mixed up. I love my baby and I want to give the best decision.
My advanced thanks to all who will share their thoughts about my situation.
Sehnaz
Sehnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!