View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #6
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcconv View Post
Thanks, y'all. I forgot to mention that I don't crate Roxie anymore, I don't even own one. She got the the point where she wouldn't go in it anymore so I just got rid of it during one of our moves. She's never lost someone important and usually she is fine in a new place as long as I'm with her, she just has a hard time when I leave her and the place is different. I know it will pass, but like I said I'm not sure how long it will take. I think I will look in the the thunder shirt and then maybe after that try a prescription. I just got home for my couch delivery. I've been gone 2 hours and as soon as I walked up to the door and she heard me she was at the door scratching and crying. She jumps on me and whines as if trying to tell me she's had the worst day ever. I don't understand because I got her as a puppy, so it's not like she's ever been abandoned. She's never been alone for more than 6-7 hours. She does have a favorite toy, but nothing distracts her when I'm trying to leave. I could put a block of cheese on the floor and she would still be trying to climb my leg.
Awwww, the poor kiddo...sounds like this was just innate to her very sensitive little nature, and no matter what you would've done, there would've been no preventing it. But dogs can learn...so let's hope something will help her eventually, I sure hope so bc it must kinda break your heart to watch her go through this every day!

Oh another thing....Melatonin is sometimes given for mild anxiety and might be worth a try for you. My Wylie has to take it for other reasons and it doesn't make him one iota tired. He takes the 3mg twice a day, but for your girl I'd almost think time-release may be a better option. Melatonin would be milder than a prescription since it's natural, and it's what our brain makes to relax us and prepare us for sleep. You can get it at Target or Walgreens or wherever.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!