View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Hi - so sorry no one has responded to this yet...sometimes posts get away from us. And sometimes it's bc people just might not know how to help out.

Your poor girl! Did she ever lose anyone in her life, another person she was really attached to or something? I wonder why her anxiety is so bad...it could be the multiple moves like you mentioned.

Regardless of the cause, we need solutions! A few things....you might want to look into buying her a Thundershirt...it truly could help her, it's helped many dogs here; it doesn't work for all, but for those for whom it does work, it's quite amazing. You might try getting a DAP (Dog Appeasing Pheromone) Plug In - it releases a pheromone into the air that dogs are attuned to - they also make DAP collars.

And lastly, I really wouldn't hesitate in trying a medication like valium or Prozac (or both) for this little kiddo. The meds don't have to be permanent, so don't worry about that right now -- what they *can* do is help her learn / re-learn what it feels like to be calmer...it may give her the space and calmness so that some real learning can occur and solidify. Even if she is tired at first with Valium, this truly wears off almost all the time in animals - and then they just get the calming effect. I had a cat who had to be on Valium and he wasn't a zombie at all.

So hang in there, and don't be nervous to get some meds - they're their for good reasons and can sometimes work miracles! Please keep us posted on how she's doing .

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!